The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old October 1, 2010, 08:50 AM   #1
gregjc9

Just set up my Hornady LNL !!

All I can say, is WOW!! This thing is a beast, and extremely solid. I bought it off of ebay, so it's seen a few rounds through it, but it still looks pretty well taken care of. I am really impressed with the heft of this thing, and how solid it is. For the past year I've been loading on a Lee Classic Turret, and kept hearing how good these presses are. The best analogy I can think of is the same feeling the first time I shot a 1911 - at that moment I understood what everyone was saying!

It's also very clear now why new reloaders are warned against starting out on a progressive. Man, there is a LOT of things going on at the same time. It took me a few hours last night, but I think I got my 45ACP loads where they need to be.

Last night I broke everthing down and gave it all a thorough cleaning and lubing, so it's ready to rock and roll now. Now to just get the rythm down.

Greg
Old October 1, 2010, 04:42 PM   #2
RNG

Congrats on your new press. You're going to enjoy the LNL.

Cheers,
Richard
Old October 1, 2010, 08:38 PM   #3
miker84

I'm new to the LNL too. It really cranks out the rounds once you get it set up. I've rolled over 1000 9mm and 500 45ACP with mine.