The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old December 10, 2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Dashunde

How quick are your kids?

First thing this Monday morning my 6mo daughter grabs and snatches the right side tab on the backside of her poopy diaper... smeared it right up the buttcheek and beyond.

It took her milliseconds. Kids are quick.

Manual safeties, maybe not a bad idea after all...
Old December 10, 2012, 08:50 PM   #2
sgms

After my 2 kids and now going through the antics of their kids I am of the opinion that the only thing remotely close to a childproof loaded gun is the one in a pocket holster in your pocket that they(the children) don't know about. I found they will watch you and learn any safety on a gun or the safe combo with out you realizing they are watching. This came from finding my large and bedside gun safes standing open having been opened by little hands 'just wanting to look'. In short if they can get their hands on it nether the gun nor the children are safe.
Old December 13, 2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Dashunde

Personally I'm not a fan of safeties on a ccw.
But lately I've come around to wonder what presents a greater risk... criminals or quick-fisted kids?
How many ccw's are used to defend vs how many of them shoot a family member in some way or another?