The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 26, 2008, 10:48 PM   #1
Harry Callahan

S&w 4506-1 ?

Hello everyone. Just a quick question. I have a chance to get a 4506-1. This gun is not SAO, is it? Seems like whomever owns one loves it. TIA.
"Ah ah. I know what you're thinkin'. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5? To tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But with this being a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off... you've got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? WELL DO YA, PUNK?!!!"- Harry Callahan(Dirty Harry)
Old September 26, 2008, 11:03 PM   #2
Yellowfin

It's DA/SA, and yes you should get it.
Old September 27, 2008, 09:19 AM   #3
Quincunx

Quite agree. My 4516-1 has always been 100% reliable, and quite comfortable to shoot (for me, at least).
Old September 27, 2008, 09:40 AM   #4
Harry Callahan

What do you think a gun like that in 98% condition is worth?
"Ah ah. I know what you're thinkin'. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5? To tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But with this being a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off... you've got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? WELL DO YA, PUNK?!!!"- Harry Callahan(Dirty Harry)
Old September 27, 2008, 09:45 AM   #5
Microgunner

Quote:
What Do You Think A Gun Like That In 98% Condition Is Worth?
$400 -$500
Old September 27, 2008, 12:50 PM   #6
Harry Callahan

Thanks guys. Just got the winning bid on GB. Paid $530 but it's in beautiful condition, comes with 4 extra mags, and has the adjustable rear sight. Might have paid a little over what I should have but I figured what the heck.