The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 4, 2000, 05:13 AM   #1
Ned Roundtree

This Sunday, January 9th is "The Virginian". Starring Bill Pullman, Diane Lane. Is this a new movie? I don't think I have heard of it before.
Old January 4, 2000, 06:38 AM   #2
Hal

Diane Lane
*sigh* I would watch infomercials for hours just for a chance to see her. Thanks for the heads up.
Old January 4, 2000, 09:07 AM   #3
Bill Mitchell
Staff Alumnus

Howdy Ned,

No matter what one may think of Ted Turner and his wife,we cowboys should be thankful for Turner Network Television. While the release of theatrical Westerns is down to one every few years,TNT continues to crank out two or three quality Westerns every year,for the last eight or nine years. The list is impressive-Conagher,Last Stand at Saber River,Crazy Horse,The Desperate Trail,Riders of the Purple Sage,Buffalo Soldiers,The Good Old Boys. That's just a partial list of the TNT produced Westerns. I'm looking forward to seeing The Virginian,as that is one of my favorite books.

Bellicose Bill
Old January 4, 2000, 09:42 AM   #4
Ned Roundtree

Don't forget movies like GETTYSBURG. Okay, at the risk of sounding stupid (which never stopped me before). Who is Diane Lane? Guess I've been shooting so much I'm out of touch?
Old January 4, 2000, 09:50 AM   #5
Ned Roundtree

Oh, my! The actress from MURDER at 1600. Now, I know I'm not missing this western.
Old January 4, 2000, 05:53 PM   #6
Hal

Diane Lane was also in Lonsome Dove.-Cowboy Movie. Streets of Fire-Lots of lever action guns in a real far fetched street showdown. her first major role in movies cam when she was "Little Britches" in Cattle Annie and Little Britches. *sigh*
Old January 8, 2000, 11:31 AM   #7
Ned Roundtree

Oh, I forgot she was in those movies. I'll be shooting CAS Sunday. So I'll set the VCR. Can't miss it.