The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old January 5, 2010, 07:37 AM   #26
Daryl

I've always left my variables set in the minimum power.

Reason? When you jump something close, you won't have time to "turn it down" if the power is up.

If you see a deer at 300 yards, you'll likely have time to "turn it up" if needed. If not, a 300 yard shot on 3x is a lot easier than a 30 yard shot on 9x.

But I started with a variable 'scope back in 1976, so I'm pretty familiar with 'em. Checking the power setting is second nature.

Daryl
Old January 11, 2010, 01:30 AM   #27
semi_problomatic

I fell in love with my SS Scope. Its $299 for the rear focus and $399 for the side focus. Its a 10x scope with a 30mm tube. In all comparisons with it they use scopes costing $1000 to $1500 and it usually does as well if not better. I zeroed at 50m just for giggles and using my ballistics computer hit the 450m steel ram target first, second and third shot. Then adjusted for the 200m hanging man target, hit that and adjusted again for the 250m fox target. Its an amazing scope with solid clicks, easily adjustable. I bought the side focus. There's a lot of garbage about it being made by Tasco, but its really made by Haako, a japanese company. Google it, I'm sure you'll like what you see. Oh yeah...its got a pretty ridicoulous name...

Super Sniper Scope...

Last edited by semi_problomatic; January 11, 2010 at 01:31 AM. Reason: clarification