The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old June 14, 2007, 06:10 PM   #1
opg4740

WA rifle ranges near Bothell?

I am looking for a nice rifle/shotgun range that is near Bothell.
I know the Kenmore range is supposed to be nice (never been there) but I own a SKS that I would like to shoot. From everything I have heard, they don't like "those type of guns".
Everything else I own is either bolt or lever.

I like Sam's gun club, but my rifles are just a waste of ammo on an indoor range.

any ideas, am I just hearing the bad side about Kenmore?
Old June 29, 2007, 11:42 PM   #2
lawdogso

For a minute there I thought you were looking for a range near a brothel. Dang, I have been looking for one of those for years. . LOL....
Old July 5, 2007, 12:38 PM   #3
Ian2005

Man I totally misread that too...
Old October 3, 2007, 01:49 PM   #4
Dain Bramage

Kenmore doesn't ban semi-autos, but it does get tedious to load one-at-a-time.
Old November 1, 2007, 07:20 PM   #5
mososodbob

Pierce County (WA) shooting clubs / ranges

OPG4740,

If you don’t mind driving south into Pierce County, we would welcome your membership into Tacoma Rifle and Revolver Club in University Place or Paul Bunyan Sportsman Club in Puyallup (Washington). Both have very good ranges for pistols and rifles out to 200yds (normal operations) and out to 600yds for matches. Paul Bunyan can accommodate shooting at night…it get dark early in the winter in the PAC NW. Get more info at following links:
www.tacomarifle.org
http://home.att.net/~BSEditor/
Old November 14, 2007, 01:25 AM   #6
Niagara Shooter

Woa! can tell its getting late and the eyes are getting tired, just scrolling through and i thought ur post was asking about a firing range near a brothel! talk about more bang for your buck!
NS
Old November 16, 2007, 12:18 AM   #7
WhitSpurzon

We've had too many SKS' & AK's slam fire at our club's range so we have the one round at a time rule too. An errant round over the berm could get us shut down.

I can sympathize, especially since they've made it illegal to shoot on most public lands now. It is just a sad reality due to western Washington's growing liberal anti-gun population. Bothell is too close to Seattle's vile shadow so I'm sure Kenmore is feeling the pressure of unfriendly onlookers.
Old November 17, 2007, 10:18 PM   #8
jhgreasemonkey

Quote:
I can sympathize, especially since they've made it illegal to shoot on most public lands now
Here in western washington? State and National forest is still fair game isnt it?
We still shoot in our old gravel pit spots in the elbie hills, capitol forest, gifford pinchot national forest, etc, etc. What areas have recently been made illegal? That really sucks.

The tacoma sportsmans club is pretty up tight about any rapid rife as well. In fact I think all the ranges in and around pierce and thurston county I have been to are opposed to it.
I have been told that they alow rapid fire at the kitsap gun club though. You could take the ferry across from seattle I guess.