The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 21, 2012, 03:14 AM   #1
TheRaskalKing

Remington 1911 R1

What are your thoughts on the Rem 1911 R1? I've been eyeing one at the LGS lately, AND they're running a sale on it... I've wanted a 1911 for a long time, and I'm wondering if this would be a smart buy for me. I haven't been able to shoot that specific model yet, though of course I love the 1911 platform. What do you think?

And why is buying guns and guns in general such an addiction?!
Old February 21, 2012, 05:54 AM   #2
GM2

I bought one about a year ago and found it to be a very good and reliable weapon. It came out of the box shooting smooth. I have put lots of rounds through it without any problems.

Quote:
And why is buying guns and guns in general such an addiction?!
I am not addicted to anything I am just well armed!
Old February 21, 2012, 06:04 AM   #3
excelerater

picked one up a few weeks ago,really nice for the price
Ran a few boxes of ammo,no issues....
Made in USA
Old February 21, 2012, 09:50 AM   #4
bilbo1907

Had one for 11days.It had a 5.5-6# trigger with a bad step.Also,very cheap ill-fitting sights.Those responsible for the fit of slide,frame,barrel,and bushing are to be commended.The gun is tight and accurate and with a little front sight filing and after a few hours of trigger work it is a keeper.
Old February 21, 2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Pianoguy

I bought one a couple of weeks ago and can't wait to get to the range with it - hopefully tomorrow. Feels great in the hand.

I think buying guns can be an addiction at first. If you're new to them, there are so many that you want to shoot. But you soon realize that you can only shoot one at a time so the drive to buy them dies off. So try to buy the ones you really like otherwise you'll just end up buying ones that will sit around in the safe after you do finally get the ones you really want.