The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old January 9, 2012, 02:49 PM   #1
wachtelhund1

Scope Base for H&K 630

Hello, I've recently purchased a H&K 630, a gun which I have wanted for a long time. They were always priced to high. Finally found one at a local gunshop on consignment for $1,200.00. I couldn't pass it up any longer. It came with four 4 shot magazines, sling swivals, older Redfield LO-Pro scope and B-Square mount. Condition was good.

I also have a Model 300 which came with the B-Square mount. I didn't like the B-Square mount. I like all my scopes permanently mounted so I replaced the B-Square mount with a permanently mounted weaver base on the 300.

The HK 05 mounts for the 630 are hard to find and expensive, so I had my gunsmith make my scope mount. I had him make two inserts to mount inside the receiver top, drill and tap them for an 8x40 screw. Below is a picture of two before drilling and tapping. These were a tight fit and had to be set inplace with a brass punch. Right now they are also held in with locktite. I plan on removing them and setting them with epoxy. The next picture is from the botton of the receiver top. I also had him mill a Weaver 88 base flat for the receiver top and cut several slots for tactical rings. The 88 base has a radius bottom which matches the rounded forward portion of the receiver top. This is a solid mount.