The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 27, 2000, 04:33 PM   #1
CD1

I duck hunted in Arkansas this weekend with a friend that runs a hunting lodge there. I help him guide during the busy season, but right now we have the place to ourselves. We've got thousands of ducks in the rice fields right now. It looked like huge dark clouds leaving the water when we went in to set up. The first day nothing would work near us in the 20mph wind and rain. Next two trips we limited out quickly. Couldnt keep the ducks off of us, we even had them working with the dog out in the decoys retrieving. Unbelievable.

[Edited by CD1 on 11-27-2000 at 05:23 PM]
Old November 27, 2000, 06:20 PM   #2
jbgood

One of the reasons I love outdoor sports so much, is that you never know what is going to happen. One day, you are lucky to see any game at all -- even non-game species seem to be taking a break. Then, on rare occasion, and with no real explanation, everything just seems to work in your favor. Game is everywhere and you are almost invisible to them -- they just keep coming! Its as if the Big Man upstairs has decided -- for whatever reason -- that today is your day, and all is right with the world! Sounds like you guys were living right!