The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old December 29, 2006, 12:30 AM   #1
Adventurer 2

Hunter Safety Card Replacement

Got a duffle bag stolen on Christmas Eve. Inside was my hunters safety card. How do I get this replaced? I am a resident of KS but my hunters safety card was received in CO.
Old December 29, 2006, 12:40 AM   #2
trooper3385

I have like 2 or 3 of them floating around somewhere and I don't know where any of them are right now. I just went back to the local parks and wildlife office here in Texas and they are able to take down your info and send you a new one within a couple of weeks. Since you are in KS and your card is out of CO, I would find out the address and phone number of the state parks and wildlife office and get ahold of them by phone or mail and have them send you another one. It shouldn't be a problem. At least its not here in Texas. They didn't even charge me for it.
Old December 29, 2006, 12:46 AM   #3
lil_bro

Look on the website of your local wildlife deaprtment and see what it saids about hunter safety card replacement.

Oklahoma has lets you type in your name and it will let you print off a new card free of charge.

I recently had to do this after my hunter safety card and my deer tag got destroyed in the washing machine.

Michael.
Old December 29, 2006, 09:22 AM   #4
taylorce1

Cost $5 dollars here in CO, just request one off of the web or go to the local DOW office and get a new one. Luckily I only live a couple of miles from a DOW office.
Old December 29, 2006, 06:34 PM   #5
WSM MAGNUM

I took the Hunter Safety Course twice back in the late seventies when I was in the Boy Scouts. Our scout troop had annual camping trips at the Issac Walton League in Maryland. I do`nt ever remember recieving a card or number from the course instructor.
I purchased my hunting license for about ten years straight and then stopped hunting for about fifteen years. Believe it or not, I just purchased a hunting license online today, and all I did was checked the question where asked asked if I have taken a Hunter Safety Course and checked the box where I do not know my certificate number. Got my license instantly.
So, my point is you may not have to show a card or number when buying your license. If some say you can get a replacement from DNR, why bother. When you buy your license, they will know anyway.

If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
Old December 30, 2006, 01:37 PM   #6
taylorce1

Quote:
So, my point is you may not have to show a card or number when buying your license. If some say you can get a replacement from DNR, why bother. When you buy your license, they will know anyway.
I have to have a my safety card to purchase a license over the counter and I must carry a safety card while hunting in my State unless the license is stamped Verified. I'd rather have it and not need it than the other way around.