The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 18, 1999, 10:23 AM   #1
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Though this company has a rather checkered history I was on Special Weapons website yesterday on an unrelated matter when I saw that they are advertising for a new magazine fed shotgun, the SW12. There is a picture associated with it but the picture apparantly shows their version of the HK91. They have specifications listed also. After clicking on the link go to firearms sales then scroll down to the SW12. Click on the link or photo to see the specs. Www.specialweaponsllc.com
Old November 23, 1999, 05:03 AM   #2
oberkommando

FAL, I'm looking for a select fire belt fed 12ga tell me if ya find one, will ya.hehehe

FAL, do you know what kinda quality SW has? Specificaly on their G3 copies?

[This message has been edited by oberkommando (edited November 23, 1999).]
Old November 23, 1999, 11:55 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Don't know personally but I've heard (net rumor) that the quality is okay but SW is slow on delivery. If you want one of the SWs (SW5?) he's delivering to Kali first to feat the deadline. It has the details elsewhere on the site.
I believe that it's either a small shop or a one man shop. Over on Bower's board, SW would announce something then give excuses for not delivering on time. Though in fairness he was reverse engineering the HK receiver without any factory backing (blueprints etc). It was interesting to go on their site and read his rants about this and that (people complaining about delivery times, legal concerns etc).

As for the belt-fed, in SGN a couple of years ago there was an ad that ran on a continuous basis that had plans for converting a shotgun into belt-feed, among many other esoteric plans. I was thinking of getting them but couldn't justify getting the plans as they were something like $39.95. This was about ten years ago IIRC. Also it shouldn't be too hard to figure out, though I'm not sure whether you'd be better off using a gas or recoil weapon.
Old November 23, 1999, 08:18 PM   #4
hksigwalther

I saw those belt fed shotgun ads too. If I'm not mistaken, they were for a pump gun.

- Ron V.

------------------
Old November 24, 1999, 10:21 AM   #5
fal308
Staff Alumnus

I don't recall which shotguns the plans were for. The years have taken their toll on my memory.