The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 6, 2008, 09:00 PM   #1
vital_kill

Scope advice

Guys I just got done building my first custom hunting rifle. I am looking to put some high quality glass on it but I need some more advice as I can only find reviews on leupolds. My budget is $2000, I was looking strongly at a Swarovski PH and Z6 series. Some have told me I should look into the Zeiss, and a few have mentioned S&B. But I cannot find any reviews of actual owners, just the gunwriters sale stories. If you have any experience with the Swarovski, Zeiss or S&B please inform of your results and comments.
Old November 6, 2008, 09:11 PM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

WAY out of my price range but I've heard these are supposed to be about the best.

http://www.usoptics.com/
Old November 10, 2008, 03:02 AM   #3
skeeter

I have heard that if you need repairs for the off shore companies like Swarovski, S&B, etc you can have a difficult time. Nothing to complain about with the high end Leupolds and Nightforce (Nightforce being the better). And they are made in the USA.
Everyone complains about the state of the economy and does not realize that all this buying in China is connected. We think we are saving money by Made in China products but we really lose because they break, are unreliable and spending money overseas comes back to hurt our economy (stock market, gas prices, unemployment, are all connected)