The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 6, 2013, 07:12 PM   #1
old fart

shooting the cougar 8040, WOW!

here are the pics of my targets when i shot today. i shot these at 7,12, and 20yds give or take a yard or two as i was in my back yard and took long steps so it was close but not perfect. 7yds and 12yds i shot the first double action then the other 4 single. at 20yds i figure i better do all 5 single to get a good group. the double action is smooth but long, the single real smoooooth. i love this gun more and more and the recoil was nada, i've shot 9mm that had more felt recoil. i love this gun. here are the pics:

Old June 6, 2013, 08:27 PM   #2
wpsdlrg

Congrats on the Cougar. Good shooting.

They ARE nice, aren't they ? I have the 9mm version, myself. It is my favorite pistol. Extremely accurate and not one malfunction in more than 1500 rounds. It even eats my cast bullet hand loads like candy.
Old June 6, 2013, 09:56 PM   #3
LockedBreech

Both the Beretta and Stoeger branded Cougars are excellent guns, and the PX4 is a great polymer interpretation of the rotating-barrel design. It really does cut down on vertical recoil. Not less recoil, but smoother.

I'm going to pick up a 9mm version at some point for affordable plinking.
Old June 7, 2013, 08:48 AM   #4
wbw

I'm a fan also. I've got the Stoeger versions in 9mm and .45. Both are excellent pistols for the money. Here's mine in 9mm (with Beretta grips):