The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 24, 2013, 11:18 PM   #26
cobrajocky

Ditto that Skans.

Does anyone know of a Picatinny rail system for the FN-FNC besides the grossly over-priced Storm-werkz rail?? Or, anyone that sells a basic Picatinny blank that's long enough so I can machine my own rail??

Thanks
Old February 24, 2013, 11:49 PM   #27
5.56RifleGuy

http://www.dsarms.com/FN-FNC-Quad-Ra...tinfo/BT21488/

http://tbasuppressors.com/products/a...fnc-quad-rail/

None are cheap. The B&T one was made for a military though, if you like that kind of thing.
Old February 24, 2013, 11:51 PM   #28
5.56RifleGuy

http://www.dsarms.com/FN-FNC-Optics-...tinfo/BT21178/

There is this too, but its more than the other one.
Old February 26, 2013, 04:59 PM   #29
Skans

I have to say, I just don't like the quad rails wit the FNC. What do you even need one for? The sights are good. You used to be able to find a scope rails that fits between the rear sight and the gas block for about $80. But, I have to admit, I don't see any out there.

If someone made a really sleek rail system for the FNC, I'd be interested, but those aren't sleek. Even at $189, I'd probably opt for the single rail that goes on top of the receiver.
Old February 26, 2013, 05:28 PM   #30
Pilot

Unfortunately rifles like the FNC, and HK93 are like hens teeth, and their prices match. The good news is there are newer designs being produced here by FN, HK, Sig, and others that give us some nice choices.
Old February 26, 2013, 06:05 PM   #31
5.56RifleGuy

Yeah, no quad rail for me ether. To much weight and not enough utility. I got one of the scope mounts, but i havent recieved it yet. It looks solid.
Old March 4, 2013, 02:06 AM   #32
cobrajocky

Ah-nold Schwartzenegger Wet-Dream

I bought the '87 FN-FNC because it was not only match accurate, but also beautiful (compared to the Hasbro toyish look of the M-16's we had in the service), but those idiotic looking Quad-Rails ruin the looks of any handsome rifle and look more like a juvenile Arnold Swartzenegger Wet Dream. Hideous and, from someone that spent 4 tours in Vietnam and Cambodia, TOTALLY unrealistic for real combat, unless you're fighting space aliens in a delusional Predators movie.

Nope, all I want to do is hang is a match approved scope on a simple Picatinny rail that goes from the notches on the back sight to the front of the receiver and only realistically costs $30 to make. There are, from what I've read, anywhere from 2,700 to 4,000 FN FNC's in private US hands and I hear that most are being shot regularly by the owners. Should be a sufficient market to attract a few rail makers. If I can find a Picatinny rail blank, I'll machine the rest myself. Anyone know of Picatinny rail banks long enough??