The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 14, 2002, 06:06 PM   #1
norielX

1100 Skeet-B model

I have a used gun (12 guage) that I bought, and I was wondering if I'm limited to any ammo for this model (like target loads only). I bought one that was set up for HD, had an extension, and has a 20" bbl with IC choke. It's awesome with slugs! This thing's a sweet shooter, I just need to find a longer bbl with RC that I can use for busting clays!
Old May 14, 2002, 07:25 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Skeet choked guns won't make it at trap, but lots of Sporting targets are within range. Try it and see.
Old May 14, 2002, 07:37 PM   #3
K80Geoff

Seems strange that a Receiver marked Skeet - B would come with a 20" slug barrel. Is the gun a hybrid or "Frankengun"?
Old May 14, 2002, 09:13 PM   #4
dick w. holliday

My recollection is that the skeet B guns were basically the 1100 skeet guns with upgraded wood....mine had a 26" barrel with fixed skeet choke---warn't no such thing as choke tubes back in them days-unless they were screwed into a cutts compensator--i think i've still got one around here somewhere.......

sounds like your 1100 is like the two i have now--i've switched and changed parts so many times that i now don't know what came with what.....Dick
Old May 15, 2002, 06:13 PM   #5
Proshots

The "skeet B" was just another 1100 that originally came with a fixed skeet choke in a 26" barrel. My brother had one many years ago. Only 2 3/4" can be used with that reciever. I have no idea where an extended mag came from, sounds like someone butchered a decent gun. You can get a 26" remchoke barrel for the 1100 from Cabelas for $179.95 new in box, including 3 chokes.
Old May 16, 2002, 07:20 PM   #6
norielX

guess this is a "Frankengun"

The previous owner put on a 20" IC bbl with rifle sights, and a choate 7rd mag extension. I just wanted to know if there were any 2 3/4" loads that the Skeet-B couldn't handle. This gun gave me clover-leaf patterns at 15 yards with Rottweil Brenneke slugs.

So all I really need now is to find a longer bbl, preferably with Remchoke (or any other screw-in) and I'll be all set for whatever may come my way? Of course, I intend to shoot the bejesus out of this gun...
Old May 16, 2002, 08:37 PM   #7
Kingcreek

I just got home from the skeet range. The range master was shooting his 1100 which he says was the only gun he owned for many years. How many rounds? I ask. 100K since the factory rebuild, bout twice that before, says he.
Apparently durability is not a problem.