The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 19, 2024, 08:43 PM   #1
Trooper Joe

Tisas Fatih B380

Just picked up this Tisas from my dealer today. Seems like a very well made pistol and I am sure it will help me with the void of selling my Beretta 84 several years ago.

Any experience with these?

Trooper Joe
Old April 19, 2024, 09:33 PM   #2
Metric

No experience with these, but glad to see the design in successful production, and also glad to see they are now putting wood grips on them.

The market needs all-metal designs like this.

Seems like the price has gone up since last time I checked, but I suppose that applies to a lot of things.
Old April 20, 2024, 07:21 AM   #3
blchandl2

I have an ATI MS380 which is made by Tisas. It appears to be the pre-cursor to the Fatih 380. I have had no issues with it.
Old April 20, 2024, 11:32 AM   #4
44caliberkid

I have always been interested in getting the Beretta or BDA version of that pistol. The Tisas one looks nice. Looking forward to a range report.
Old April 20, 2024, 12:46 PM   #5
Metric

I also just noticed from the OP pictures that they have re-designed the frame on the Fatih (mostly around the trigger guard) to more closely match the curves of the 84FS.

The old Fatih looked like this. IMO the new version above is much improved -- particularly with the nice clean surfaces that haven't been plastered with multiple imperative sentences, as Beretta has done:

And this is the new one:

Edit: Also, wow -- looks like the front sight is now dovetailed, too. Not only have the improved the Fatih, they are probably ahead of Beretta at this point. Haven't been able to get a Beretta 84 that allowed "cocked and locked" carry since the early 1990's.

Last edited by Metric; April 20, 2024 at 01:10 PM.
Old April 20, 2024, 05:57 PM   #6
Trooper Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post
I also just noticed from the OP pictures that they have re-designed the frame on the Fatih (mostly around the trigger guard) to more closely match the curves of the 84FS.

The old Fatih looked like this. IMO the new version above is much improved -- particularly with the nice clean surfaces that haven't been plastered with multiple imperative sentences, as Beretta has done:

And this is the new one:

Edit: Also, wow -- looks like the front sight is now dovetailed, too. Not only have the improved the Fatih, they are probably ahead of Beretta at this point. Haven't been able to get a Beretta 84 that allowed "cocked and locked" carry since the early 1990's.
They did redesign the frame. I actually wanted (and thought I ordered) the older style with the rounded trigger guard. I was going to return it, but while I was waiting on the phone for the vendor’s management to approve the return, I decided to keep the one they sent me. The only problem I have had so far is that I have a pair of grips to fit the older style coming from Turkey. I have been in touch with the grip maker (jtacgripsusa) who sort of hinted he could make a pair of grips to fit the curved grip on the new model. I decided I will not try to get a refund on the first grip set. I will just pay for the second set.

This vendor, jtacgripsusa, is really great.

Trooper Joe
Old April 21, 2024, 11:08 AM   #7
Metric

The frame design is now so close to the Beretta 84, that grips made for the 84 might fit. The old design was close enough that they would "sorta fit," but you had to do something about the lack of a Beretta-like recurve near the bottom of the grip. It appears the Fatih redesign has now incorporated the same recurve as the Beretta.

Not sure what kind of grips you are thinking about, but the universe of possibilities might have just gotten much larger. Of course you'll have to double-check, but I'm sure someone knows.
Old April 21, 2024, 01:53 PM   #8
jar

I have the earlier Fatih from Tisas and yes, grips for it did need to be modified. Here is my 81 and my Fatih 13.

The Fatih wearing Brazilian Cherry Herrets:

My Beretta 81 wearing similar Brazilian Cherry grip panels but checkered.

Attached Images
File Type: png Herrett's-81-left.png (483.2 KB, 88 views)