The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old September 6, 2001, 01:50 AM   #1
GreenDragon

"Trailblazer" .22

A friend at work just inherited a rifle that was owned by his great, great, great grandfather that neither of us knows anything about. It is a single shot bolt action .22. On the left side of the barrel it is stamped ".22 short, long, or long rifle" and on the right it just says "TRAILBLAZER." The bolt when closed goes out at a 2 o'clock position and when open is at 12 o'clock. It has crude iron sights, no blueing, and the stock is painted black with a steel buttplate. Does anyone know who makes this, when it was made, etc.? Also curious to know what it might be worth.

thanks,
josh
Old September 28, 2001, 01:07 PM   #2
GreenDragon

nobody has any idea?
Old September 29, 2001, 09:51 AM   #3
johnwill

I guess that would be a no. Did you do an Internet search on it? I know that I don't have any info on this one. I can't imagine the value would be significant, unless there's something missing from the description.
Old September 29, 2001, 12:06 PM   #4
GreenDragon

We're both betting it's worth nothing as well. I think all it has is SENTIMENTAL value. I tried a search but came up with nothing of value (it's staggering how many vehicle options, beef jerky makers, etc. are named "Trailblazer".) Just kind of curious to know more about it...
Old October 1, 2001, 10:47 AM   #5
fal308
Staff Alumnus

More than likely a hardware gun. These were inexpensive firearms that were mass-produced to be sold inexpensively at hardware stores, mercantile stores etc. They were made by many different companies, including some of the largest such as Marlin, Mossberg and Winchester, just to name just a few. Quite often they were variations of then-current production firearms by the manufacturers.