The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 9, 1999, 03:20 PM   #1
Mike Baugh

I noticed that Brownells now sells an Ashley Ghost Ring rear sight for the Marlin lever guns that will set on top of the reciever and use the rear scope mount base holes for mounting . I have used a Williams rear peep sight in the past but did not like how it wrapped over the side of the reciever . Has anyone used/seen the Ashley sight and have an oppinion on quality ? Thanks , Mike...
Old June 9, 1999, 05:01 PM   #2
CapeFear

Along the same lines I have the cheapo Remington 700 ADL in .223 with the plastic stock and its receiver is not drilled and tapped like the BDLs for a receiver sight. Will this sight also work in its scope mounting holes? Thanks for the help.
Old June 9, 1999, 05:52 PM   #3
Mike Baugh

Cape Fear , the Brownells catalog shows a model for the 700 , it uses the rear scope mounting holes , here is the Brownells part # if you are interested , #006-103-700 . Their phone # is 515-623-4000 . Good Luck , Mike...
Old June 10, 1999, 03:01 PM   #4
CapeFear

Thanks Mike. For $60 I believe I'll give it a try. I will just have to experiment to find out if I have to change the height of my front sight and I'll post and let you know about the quality. Lee.