The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 24, 2013, 05:49 PM   #1
FLGlocker23

Love my new G23 Gen 4 -- Range report/review

Well hot damn I am one happy camper!! Just took my new Glock 23 Gen4 to the range yesterday and it was amazing! If I had more money in my bank account I would've drained it on ammo, that's how much I loved shooting it. Put a 100 rounds of PMC bronze down range and it mowed down the targets flawlessly. I was so amazed at the difference in recoil from previous gen glocks and an incredible difference from my s&w .40 cal. The accuracy was simply amazing as well. I just found the gun I will be carrying on me every day of my life, and I tell you all of a sudden I feel a whole lot safer!!

I was surprised right off the bat at how close I was able to group together shots, quite a few times double tapping bullseyes and constantly kept every follow up shot right next to the last one. <--And I am by no means an expert shooter, so me being able to group together bullseyes and have nearly 100% on target accuracy through all 100 rounds really is a testament to how easy and accurate this Glock is! The grip felt great too, felt perfect in my hand and shooting on target felt natural. Definitely like shooting this gen4 more than previous models that were friends glocks. By far my favorite gun I have ever came across from top to bottom.

Already jonesing to get back to the range to shoot this bad boy some more. Tomorrow just might be my day! Supposed to get the day off work, if so I will be taking my CCW class at noon! and then heading to the range with my new Glock!

Also loved the little goodies that came with the Glock package. Best part was 3 magazines! and a good ol speed loader, extra back straps, and even came with its own phosphorus brush. I'm happy to be apart of the Glock family now!

And I tell ya, When I walked away from the range 100 rounds later I felt a million times more confident in my ability to defend my family and myself from any enemies, both foreign and domestic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glock package.JPG (122.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg g23 shot chart round 1.jpg (60.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg g23 shot chart round 2.jpg (53.7 KB, 29 views)

NRA Member
Old January 24, 2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Gaerek

Glad you like it. Just keep shooting. The real fun part is when you start learning more and more, and you see the groups start to tighten up. I'm glad you're going to get your CCW, though I might also recommend taking some kind of defensive handgun class as well. I took one (well, 3 classes, 5 hours a week for 3 weeks) and I learned more in the 500 rounds or so I shot during the class, than the previous 2000 rounds I shot. After taking the class, I came out with a different (but better) stance and grip, and went to shooting buckshot like patterns at 10 yards, to much better, tighter groups.

As always, have fun and keep shooting.
Old January 24, 2013, 07:24 PM   #3
FLGlocker23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaerek View Post
Glad you like it. Just keep shooting. The real fun part is when you start learning more and more, and you see the groups start to tighten up. I'm glad you're going to get your CCW, though I might also recommend taking some kind of defensive handgun class as well. I took one (well, 3 classes, 5 hours a week for 3 weeks) and I learned more in the 500 rounds or so I shot during the class, than the previous 2000 rounds I shot. After taking the class, I came out with a different (but better) stance and grip, and went to shooting buckshot like patterns at 10 yards, to much better, tighter groups.

As always, have fun and keep shooting.
Yeah there is a place here in Orlando that just opened up. They offer real life situational defense training. They sit you in a room and have robbers break in and have you deal with the situation in real time using real guns loaded with "simunation". So it's much more than just how to put a whole in someone's chest, it teaches you how to manage the situation as well. I am definitely putting that on my to do list! That and range, range, range!

Tags
gen4 , glock 23 , review