The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 6, 2013, 07:54 AM   #1
SIMP

M&P9c sell for G26?

Hello,
I currently have an M&P9c that rarely gets shot. In fact, since I've acquired my SR9c, it gets shot even less. Love the SR9c....my new favorite compact!

Anyway, back on track.... I know how dependable Glocks are and how easy they are to maintain, yet I've never owned one. I love the fact that parts and accessories are so easy to find. The model I'm interested in is the G26 because I love compact and subcompact pistols.

When I originally chose the M&P over the Glock, it was because the M&P ergos seemed better and the M&P had the thumb safety that I liked since I was somewhat new to semi-auto pistols. I have since removed the safety and added the frame plugs. Now the durability, reliability and accessory options have peaked my interest in the G26 once again.

Just looking for a few opinions on keeping the M&P9c or ditching it for the G26. Anyone else been in my shoes on either side? Please share your thoughts. Thank you for your time.

Oh one more thing....I do like that the M&P is made in the US and its warranty.

Last edited by SIMP; August 6, 2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old August 6, 2013, 08:18 AM   #2
skoro

Like you, the Glock 26 and the M&P9c were on my short list a few years back. I chose the M&P9c because of its superior ergos. To this day, I don't own a Glock, but have fired some belonging to buddies. They have a good reputation for reliability. But I'm sticking with my M&P because it just fits my hand better.

But if your curiosity over the Glock is strong enough, go ahead and make the switch. It's the only way you'll ever know.
Old August 6, 2013, 12:20 PM   #3
Uncle Malice

I have owned both. I wish they made the M&P 9/40 compacts the same size as the 45 compact.

The M&P 9 compact is kind of a strange size to me. It's bigger than the G26, but smaller than the G19. I go with the M&P 45 compact, which is almost identical in size to the G19..... Do you hear that S&W? Make the M&P 45c size in a 9mm and it may damn well be a G19 killer! I say that with the gen4 G19 being my second favorite Glock of all time, just barely behind the Gen4 G21.

Anyways... As you can see from my Sig, I am huge fan of both Glocks and M&Ps. If you already have the SR9c that you like, it sounds like you have that form factor taken care of. If you were looking for a different gun, I'd either go up or down from where you're at.... The M&P Shield, XDS, full-size M&P, or Glock 19.
Old August 6, 2013, 12:21 PM   #4
Erikbal

Re: M&P9c sell for G26?

I don't think you can go wrong either way! I have eyed the Glock 26 myself.
Old August 6, 2013, 04:18 PM   #5
BarryLee

In the past I’ve sold guns because I wanted another gun and ended up regretting it. I guess the question might be what is your motivation to get rid of the M&P or to get a new gun? If you like the M&P and simply want a new gun why not just save up for the GLOCK. If you’ve sort of fallen out of love with the M&P than sell it and move on.

By the way I’ve had a G26 for about 1.5 years and really like it. Shoots like a big gun, but carries like something much smaller.
A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it ... gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
- Milton Friedman

Last edited by BarryLee; August 6, 2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old August 6, 2013, 08:08 PM   #6
SIMP

Good advice from all. I'll sleep on it and it make any quick decisions. Thanks.