The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old May 9, 1999, 08:11 PM   #1
winz

I know this company is out of business, why, when and how does there standard M-14 clone compare to others on the market? I hear they use a cast receiver like springfield does what do you think about price (excellent Cond.) and quality. Buy or STAY Away. Thanks for any input

------------------
Old May 10, 1999, 08:10 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

WINZ:
I can't ans. all your questions, but I can give you the following information.

There are several models of this rifle, so to provide you with what infromation I have I will address each one.

M-14: (NORINCO PARTS).308, 20 shot mag, newly mfg. M-14 using Norinco parts wood stock mfg 1991-92 only: @100%=$600.00

If I am not mistaken this was distributed by KYENG (KING) of Atlanta, (College Park GA)
M-14 (USGI Parts)(United States Gov. Issue) .308 cal. 10,(C/B 1994) or 20 shot mag. newly manufactured M-14 using original excellent condition forged G.I. Pars including USGI fiberglass stock with rubber recoil pad. New 1986 @NEW=$1,550.00, @100%=$1,225.00.

M-14 BEGINNING NATIONAL MATCH:mfg from hand selected older USGI parts, except for new receiver and new USGI air gauged premium barrel, garanteed to shoot 1 1/4" group at 100 yds. New 1993: NEW=$1,950.00 @100%=$1,625.00

M-14 NATIONAL MATCH: Built in accordance with U>S>A>M>T>U> mil. specs. 3 different barrel weights to choose from, national match rear sight system, calibrated mag, leather sling guaranteed 1"MOA New 1987
NEW=$2,295.00 @100% $1,950.00.

I hope I have ansd. some of your questions. I am only vaugley familiar with the US (UNITED STATES)A (ARMY) M (MARKSMANSHIP U (UNIT) PIECE. AND WILL SAY THIS ABOUT THAT. I know the man who was instrumental in designing the original M-14 National Match for the Army and it was well built and accurate. If I were to buy one, the USAMTU would be my choice.

I am not positive about this, but as I recall, wasn't this company originated in Columbus, GA.

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited May 10, 1999).]
Old May 11, 1999, 05:27 PM   #3
winz

I AM SUPRIZED THAT SO LITTLE KNOWLEDGE EXISTS ABOUT THE ARMSCORP M-14 (M-1A. I THINK I'LL LET THIS QUESTION SET AWHILE. THEIR HAS GOT TO BE SOMEONE OUT THEIR WITH 2NS OR 1ST HAND KNOWNLEDGE
Old May 13, 1999, 11:24 AM   #4
4V50 Gary
Staff

Winz,

Armscorp was not a big name with respects to M14 type receivers like Springfield Armory or Smith Enterprises. Even the disreputable Federal Ordnance is well known, thanks to its longevity; which is matter apart from their unfamilarity with quality.

With the exception of the Chinese made M14 and some early Smith Enterprises, virtually all civilian M14 type receivers were investment casted. I don't think Armscorp would be an exception.

Sorry, but neither I nor my instructor ever examined an Armscorp receiver, so I am not qualified to comment on it.

Gary
Old November 11, 2008, 01:37 PM   #5
coloradocarl

armscorp m14

I bought 6 of these
they were great AFTER you fit the op rod which had to be had fitted
very fine very accurate- made in 2 different MD locations -- company owner known to me - i dont know why he shut down
fulton arms used their receiver and now show "out of stock"
better than current sa out of illinois. as good as the original comerical sa out of texas with probably better metallurgy.
only as invest cast
may be a few specialproject drop forgings or machinings were done as samples
only lrb did continous forgings and some of the smith 14s
Old February 16, 2011, 08:38 PM   #6
101combatvet

Armscorp receivers were junk in my opinion. I sent one to a
Master Armor with the Army Team at Benning. It was sent
back to me because it "was not true", it was returned and
I ended up with a Springfield receiver.