The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old May 31, 2013, 07:50 PM   #1
bitaviny

1967 Ecasha Elbar

I am new here and been reading for a while hope someone can help with imformation. Have a opportunity to get a good 32 acp echasa model GZ in condition.Whats it worth? Shoots good, would be nice for ccw. Made in 67
Old May 31, 2013, 10:24 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

The basic pistol was originally made by MAB in France as the Modele G, and licensed to Echave y Arizmendi in Eibar, Spain, in 1962. The Spanish pistol, called the GZ, had an alloy frame where the G had a steel frame.

They were both medium quality pistols and reasonably reliable. While they have a modern profile, the internal design harks back to the old Spanish Ruby. The main drawback is a safety that blocks only the trigger, so it is possible for the sear to be jarred off if the gun is dropped. IIRC, when the hammer is down, the firing pin rests on the primer of a chambered round, so (if I am correct) it is rather dangerous on that score also.

You don't say the price on the pistol, but IMHO it would not be worth more than $100 as a plinker/collector. I don't think I would consider it for any serious purposes.

Jim
Old June 1, 2013, 08:58 AM   #3
bitaviny

1967 echsha

Thanks I am able to barter with him as he wanted 200. obo. I will not do that , I cleaned it for him and it was in good condition didnt seem to be shot very much it dosent seem to be alloy though? I really thankyou for the imfomation though, your estimate is in the range i will shoot for! I am new to this forum but I really like it.
Old June 5, 2013, 12:25 PM   #4
mapwd

Hey did you ever buy this gun?????? Is there anyway you, or your friend if he still has it, could take a picture of this gun with the LEFT side grip panel removed??????????? I have a gun like this that is missing some parts, but I cannot find any videos or pics to see what a complete gun looks like. Thanks.

When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny. - Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826