The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old March 9, 2013, 12:47 AM   #1
Gmony.308

TC Encore pistol

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I am by no means an authority on anything, but I do enjoy my Encore with a .308 barrel and Nikon Monarch scope. I've been shooting factory loads until recently, I worked up a custom load with Varget and Hornady 165 grain Spitzer projectiles. I zeroed at 50 yards (I typically shoot offhand) and got a 3/4" grouping with sandbags.

What are you all using for loads in my caliber?

I mostly use it to hunt deer inside of 100 yards, but I am starting to work with a mono pod and would love to increase my range.
Old March 9, 2013, 06:34 AM   #2
darkgael

Encore

I do not care for bullets heavier than 150 grains for use in my 15" .308 Win Encore barrel. Mostly, I load 130-135 gr. bullets. I like Reloader 15, 48 grs.
Pete
Old March 9, 2013, 03:47 PM   #3
OkieCruffler

My .308 handgun was a Striker not an Encore but it was a big fan of RL15. I also had a cute little load with BlueDot and 110gr HP's that the Coyotes just hated.
Old March 9, 2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Gmony.308

The 165's are all I've loaded thus far, but lighter for coyote sounds very tempting. I haven't had any problems dropping whitetail where they stand shooting the 150 grain factory loads. I'm looking forward to going for neck shots rather than shoulder with the 165's.

PS my barrel is 15, and my load is 44 grains of Varget with federal primers