The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 14, 2014, 12:48 PM   #1
cmdc

XDs 4"

I have a 3.3" .45, and am wondering if anyone has a 4" version in either 9 or .45, or if anyone has compared the two barrel lengths in either caliber.

Thanks
Old August 15, 2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Darker Loaf

The 4" models look really nice. If I wasn't already satisfied with my single-stack 9mm carry piece, I'd be buying one of them. I've shot the short barreled version and they are very accurate for what they are (a subcompact gun), and I've handled but not shot the 4" version. It's a great feeling gun, and I love the additional sight radius. In my opinion, it would a great concealed carry IWB gun because it would also be a gun that you would have fun practicing with.

If its is accurate, fun at the range, and small enough for concealed carry, that's a win on all fronts.
Old August 15, 2014, 03:44 PM   #3
BombthePeasants

My wife has the 9mm version and we both love it; it's the ideal CC piece for her. The barrel just disappears in her waistline, and with the flush magazine it completely disappears. As for shooting it, it is marvelously pleasant shooting, no fatigue from it whatsoever. I recommend it highly!
Old August 15, 2014, 07:58 PM   #4
Okcafe86

I've got an xd 45...4" barrel. What do you want to know? I don't have a chrony if that's what your asking.

This is the full size autoloader though.
A-GANG/LOWER LEVEL MAFIA
Old August 17, 2014, 10:36 AM   #5
cmdc

Apologies for the late response. I was wondering about general 'shootability', i.e., recoil, muzzle rise, etc., compared to the 3.3", especially in .45.

Sounds like BombthePeasants really likes the 9.