The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old October 10, 2013, 03:34 PM   #26
shortwave

Congrats you proud papa...and congrats to that daughter with nerves of steel.

Far as mechanicals goes, I still prefer 'Gators'. I beleive they were out even befor the Schwacker's. They somewhat resemble the Schwacker in as far as using the scissor effect. as it is passing through the deer, if one side of the blade passes close by a bone, that blade can close enough to pass by the bone then re-open once it gets passed. Plus the Gator has a separate razor tip that cuts in on angle'd shots much better then the three sides metal tip that comes to a point. At least into a McKenzie target.

The old Gators used to have this three sided tips then went to the razor tip. I've shot both at angles into the McKenzie and have never had the razor fail to stick but have on a rare occassion had the three sided,pointed tip fail to stick.

First I ever heard of the Schwacker was many years ago when Hank Parker the pro fisherman started his hunting show. Bout the same time he was promoting C'mere Deer. I'm thinkin that was even before Waddell came on the scene.

Last edited by shortwave; October 10, 2013 at 03:47 PM.