The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old June 8, 2009, 05:08 PM   #1
ddmk6

Patriot Safe Co......JUST SAY NO

Hello all,

I'm spreading the word. I just went through a 5 month ordeal with Patriot Safe Co. I ordered the safe in February. I explained to them I would not be able to take delivery until mid to late April. In April I called them to set up delivery and they told me there were no collector series in stock. 3 to 4 week lead time. I called again in May and they said they had one in stock but could not get it to me in the time frame I needed. So I decided to bite the bullet and pay for the in home delivery, that way I could have a family member come by and let them in to deliver. That was another $400.00. They got it within 80 miles of my house and the moving company called and said they weren't sure about the delivery & tried to strong arm me for another $400.00. I sent an email to Patriot explaining what an unpleasant experience this has been. Next thing I know, I get a phone call from their shipping saying they have discovered damage and the safe has to be returned to Patriot and I will be issued a full refund.

Do yourself a favor and don't even consider buying from Patriot Safe Co.

Spread the word. I also filed a complaint with consumer affairs!!
Old June 8, 2009, 05:13 PM   #2
a1abdj

I could have saved you all of that trouble, and sold you the same safe for less money (minus the glossy paint job and Chinese lock).
Old June 9, 2009, 02:12 PM   #3
ddmk6

Hindsight

Thanks, but they all look the same on the internet. I thought I did enough research...I was wrong. Just trying to save everyone else from making the same mistake.
Old June 9, 2009, 03:14 PM   #4
timpierce

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. My brother bought the Collector, and I bought the Protector a few weeks later in April. We're both very happy with the safes, and Patriot. They seem to be very well built.