The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old December 13, 2014, 10:00 AM   #51
Uncle Malice

Quote:
I have two M&P's, one with Apex internals and the trigger still sucks compared to my XD.
It's so funny how differently people perceive trigger feel. My XDM has a complete Springer Precision match trigger in it and I still say it's not anywhere close to being as good as my M&P's. More travel, just an indistinct roll through on the break with no actual 'wall' to know when the trigger is going to break. It's smooth, sure, but that's about it.

Not challenging your opinion here, just pointing out that we have different views on what makes a trigger 'good'.
Old December 13, 2014, 10:07 AM   #52
INMY01TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Malice
It's so funny how differently people perceive trigger feel. My XDM has a complete Springer Precision match trigger in it and I still say it's not anywhere close to being as good as my M&P's. More travel, just an indistinct roll through on the break with no actual 'wall' to know when the trigger is going to break. It's smooth, sure, but that's about it.
Ya it's all subjective. I do have two M&P's. I'll say my M&P9c has a much, much, better trigger than my M&P9 fullsize (which has the Apex parts). It's about 4 years older tho. My newer fullsize trigger was very gritty with alot of over travel, none of which my compact has.
Old December 13, 2014, 10:10 AM   #53
Independent George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Malice View Post
Not challenging your opinion here, just pointing out that we have different views on what makes a trigger 'good'.
Which is what always cracks me up about 'what should I buy' threads. That's not meant as a jibe either - it's just that if you lock five gun owners in a room, you'll have twenty opinions on what the best gun is, and none will actually be wrong.
Old December 15, 2014, 06:11 AM   #54
dean1818

Shot both M&P and Glock and have settled in on M&P, It fits my hand better

Very reliable

But, both choices are good

Buying American made, wherever I still can
Old December 15, 2014, 09:35 AM   #55
zincwarrior

Quote:
Shot both M&P and Glock and have settled in on M&P, It fits my hand better

Very reliable

But, both choices are good
Thats the ideal right there. Each person has a personal preference. How that pistol feels to that particular person is the real factor.