The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old November 12, 2009, 07:18 PM   #26
shortwave

Got permission tonight to hunt yotes on another farm.

I was coming home from work and saw another neighbor exiting woods dressed in his deer hunting garb. Stopped and asked him if he`s done any good. I brought up the yotes and he is as excited for me to come hunt them as I am to hunt them. WAHOO! He`s got chickens and the yotes/fox`s have been playing havoc with them. I`ve never had it so easy getting permission to hunt on private land. Coyote`s must be getting to be a REAL problem around here. Many thanks Art and jd for answering my question. I`ll be checking out the remote calls at Cabelas and ordering soon. Any more tips that comes to mind will be very much appreciated. Your advice will be followed.
Old November 12, 2009, 10:28 PM   #27
jdscholer

Here's a quick tip for ya if you are calling with a partner. When you pick a spot to sit, (hopefully in the shade) sit back to back leaning against each other. You won't believe how comfortable it is and how little you have to move to view a full 360 degrees. We take turns facing the most likely direction, and the guy facing the least likely does the calling. In heavy cover with gullible coyotes, a couple guys with shotguns can clean up like this and literally have coyotes falling at your feet. jd