The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 23, 2012, 02:57 PM   #1
colostomyclown

Saiga 12 Pro Mag drum FTF, other issues

Had a Saiga 12 converted, pleased with the work. The gun is flawless with both light federal loads on setting 2 and Buckshot and slugs on setting 1, using the Factory 5 round magazine.

Bought a Pro Mag 20 rd drum and by and large it was ok reliable. Had 3 or 4 FTF out of a mixed assortment of 200 rds. Seems like 2 or 3 of the FTF's occurred on the last round of the drum. The drum didn't require fitting, but has some decent wobble to it when locked in. Could this be what's causing this and is there a way to address this? I would think that filing some off the magazine catch portion of the mag would only make the mag wobble more?

Before people chime in with the "pro mag is crap", I agree...but their Saiga drums have a pretty good reputation...
Old March 24, 2012, 02:48 PM   #2
PT-92

Congrats on your Saiga-12!

I use extended mags (but not drums only because I fire a lot of shells that aren't supported such as 3''). However, have you tried the true and trusted internet biblical Saiga-12 site:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/

They will for sure have the answer.

-Cheers
Old March 28, 2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Skans

I wish someone would make a 10 gauge conversion for the Saiga....with a 10 gauge 20 round drum.

I can catch a lot of turkeys with something like that.
Old March 28, 2012, 01:26 PM   #4
colostomyclown

Disassembled the mag and rewound the spring a bit differently and it's about 95 pct reliable. My 12 rounder is 100 pct.