The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 19, 2009, 08:48 PM   #1
ks_wayward_son

Nova barrel

Hey everyone. Just was asking if anyone has come across 12 ga. Nova barrels or any third party that makes them. Did a little research already, and its proven that the barrels will be almost the price of a new shotgun, which I guess isn't all that surprising, is it? The barrel is the most precise and machined piece on the gun. Anyways, I already have a 28", but was looking for something shorter for turkeys; maybe a 24" or shorter. Also, it would be good to get it in Realtree Advantage Hardwoods/Timber. Thanks for any help.
Old April 19, 2009, 10:36 PM   #2
earlthegoat2

Your best bet is to get your hands on one of those Ithaca made rifled barrels for the Nova. They have a cantilever scope mount. You must then machine the rifling out of it and get it threaded for choke tubes. Then get it camo dipped. Maybe lose the cantilever and get rifle sights installed or a bead.

This might sound like a joke but this might be the most feasable way to get a barrel for any Benelli. These Ithaca barrels are around but are of suspect quality. Benelli barrels are impossible to get it seems. These barrels can be had for around 200 IIRC.

Good luck.
Old April 20, 2009, 06:01 AM   #3
m11/nine

Trying to get anything made by Benneli for the Nova is near impossible, I have been looking for a barrel as well.

I have also been looking for the pistol grip for my Super Nova. When you read about it in the manual they make it seem like you can easily buy the different stocks and switch them out but as anyone who has tried to find one knows it is impossible.

Why are they so consumer unfriendly?

Thats good to know about the Ithica barrels.

Are they made specifically for the Nova or do they just fit the nova?
Old April 20, 2009, 06:46 AM   #4
earlthegoat2

they are made specifically for the Nova. They are not made anymore though but I have seen them around as they are not that hot of sellers.