The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 6, 1999, 10:15 AM   #1
RWK

I'm a relatively new participant in TFL, but as an avid pistol/target shooter, I enjoy TFL -- and appreciate the expertise of our membership -- tremendously. Sincerely, thank you to the administrators (who keep the wheels spinning) and to the participants (whose aggregate knowledge makes this a most valuable resource).

I respectfully recommend and hope we maintain TFL as the vehicle for exchanges of FIREARMS RELATED information. There certainly are many Internet venues available for other types of interactions; I do not question the legitimacy nor the importance of these other sites, however let's keep TFL focused on its fundamental objective.
Old October 7, 1999, 11:44 PM   #2
Long Path

Dunno how long you've been reading, but....

This is sort of an issue we've been dealing with.

Agreed, 100%. The hard part, of course, is when a perfectly innocuous thread goes off on a tangent that you, personally, happen to be interested in. You say, ah, heck! And there you can be, contributing to a thread in its evil turn away from firearms discussion. I've done it! I've done it today.

Regards,

L.P.

------------------
Will you, too, be one who stands in the gap?

Matt

Old October 9, 1999, 10:53 PM   #3
Jeff Thomas

Long Path, I know what you mean, but try to concentrate.

RWK, great point.

Now, what do you guys think of those pesky black helicopters ...
Old October 9, 1999, 11:47 PM   #4
JJB

Oh, you mean that intelligent, moderate in tone discourse on guns, shooting, and related topics is what we are looking for. That is certainly a radical concept, Precisely the one that brought me here over a year ago and keeps me coming back several times a week.

Now, its not those pesky black helicopters, those are covering for the UPO's. Its those nasty black suburbans with the blacked out windows.

Jim in IN

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL