The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 16, 2011, 03:42 PM   #1
Nickel Plated

Looking for an M16 auto-sear pin.

As the title says, I need the pin that holds the auto-sear in the M16 lower. JUST THE PIN, no sear itself. I've been looking around the usual online shops but since none of them specialize in NFA items, even basic parts are a bit tough to find. Google search of "auto sear pin" brings up nothing usefull.
Old August 16, 2011, 03:45 PM   #2
chadstrickland

I don't anything fa myself. But I know brownells will sell full auto kits and what not..give them a try
Two weapons that was designed by the same man still in use by the us military 100 years later...1911 and m2...is there anything that comes close.....lol annd maybe perhaps a sig sauer p226 tac ops edition..
Old August 16, 2011, 08:14 PM   #3
James K
Member In Memoriam

Brownells will sell full auto kits? News to me, and I suspect to Brownells and the BATFE as well.

Jim
Old August 17, 2011, 12:01 AM   #4
PTK

James,

Brownell's does indeed sell M16 parts. I've sent many people there for new auto sears for RR M16s, along with M16 FCG parts.
Old August 17, 2011, 01:26 AM   #5
Nickel Plated

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4...t/M16_SEAR_PIN

Is this it? It says sear pin, but looks alot like the hammer and trigger pins from parts diagrams so I wanted to make sure.
Before anyone starts getting suspicious about me buying parts without even knowing what they look like. This is just a cosmetic part for an airsoft M16 I'm building and will be getting cut up anyway so won't even be usable in a real firearm. I noticed some members here start raising eyebrows about people coming on trying to buy full auto parts.
Old August 17, 2011, 08:09 AM   #6
Skans

I don't think any of us really raise eyebrows over folks asking about one-off NFA parts or a lot of other NFA related questions. Lots of us have legal NFA toys, and yes, we need parts and information for them from time to time; or some folks are just naturally curious asking questions - possibly future NFA owners.

It's the posts that go something like this that gets the old hinkey-meter going:

I heard you can convert one of those M16's with full-auto parts.........my friend - he wanted to know where I can get me some of these full-auto parts and what do I....I mean my friend have to saw off to make it go full-auto.....?