The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old September 7, 2012, 09:14 PM   #176
BGutzman

Quote:
We live in a very small world these days, and where a product is manufactured is an almost meaningless consideration in and of itself.
Absolutely not true as a former mid-level manager within a high-tech manufacturing company I can tell you without reservation that at least some companies will only get high end parts from a handful of nations known for quality. The general components may come from wherever but the critical ones that made/broke reliability and performance dont always come from everywhere..

How much of that applies to the gun world I am not an authority to say. Taurus is ISO 9001 certified but for the most part thats a very basic standard that just about everyone meets.

Its your money do what you will... I hope you get a great pistol from Taurus.. I truly do but if you dont... well it is, what it is...
Old September 7, 2012, 09:22 PM   #177
Quizcat

As a manufacturing engineer in the defense aircraft industry for about 35 years, I totally disagree with your assessment that location in the world limits the ability of a manufacturer to produce quality, and your contention that location in the world dictates quality.

Last edited by Quizcat; September 7, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old September 7, 2012, 09:26 PM   #178
PT-92

Echo, Echo, Echo...

What gets me with the thread is the actual reiteration of customer disatifaction as though I "missed" it the first time (almost presumably as though my IQ doesn't allow for the initial comprehension). I say fire away at anything you find personally unsatisfactory as it's a free country (still, on paper ) but I see no need for (the seeming) recidivism absent an agenda.

-Cheers
Old September 7, 2012, 09:35 PM   #179
BGutzman

Quote:
As a manufacturing engineer in the defense aircraft industry for about 35 years, I totally disagree with your assessment that location in the world limits the ability of a manufacturer to produce quality, and your contention that location in the world dictates quality.
Why even pose the question if you and you alone are the only one in possession of all the facts... I see no point in this post, it serves no purpose, no learning going on here, just stubbornness. I wish you well but I will comment no more on this thread...
Old September 7, 2012, 10:03 PM   #180
Quizcat

I did not pose a question. I simply disagreed with your opinion. My point is, location in the world is irrelevant to making a legitimate assessment of quality and performance...those criteria are not dependent on plant location in the world.

Last edited by Quizcat; September 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old September 7, 2012, 10:28 PM   #181
Mal H
Staff

This thread has run its course - time to move on.

Closed.
Closed Thread