The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 21, 2011, 04:59 PM   #26
markj

Shoulda just loaded up the TVs and went on your way.

I dont understand the fear of others I read about here so often.
Get a gun, then everyone you encounter is a bad guy. Keeps me home and safe from people in parking lots see me and thing frankensrteins monster is out to get me and shoot me.

Thankfully it is close to Christmas and the kids want to tell me their list and pull my beard.
Old November 21, 2011, 05:38 PM   #27
Steelers252006

I respectfully must disagree. Though I have not personally been accosted, I've come across people that have, and I do believe the threat of it happening to anybody on any given day is a very real possibility. In light of the economic situation of this country and the fact that the holidays are upon us, I believe people are desperate and will do crazy things. I think it's sad, really do, but I don't want to be a statistic; and if I can do anything to prevent being robbed or worse, I will.
Old November 21, 2011, 06:38 PM   #28
AH.74

markj- pray you continue to feel the same way and never have to face someone who truly wants to do you harm.

Steelers- I understand better what you mean now. It's the same way in my state, except you can carry concealed on-body in your vehicle without a permit. Actually it's referred to as extended domain, meaning the car is an extension of the home- anything you can do at home you can do in your vehicle as well.

You did good. That's what matters.
Old November 21, 2011, 07:53 PM   #29
secret_agent_man

Rest assured the last guy the cops arrested was not the last bad guy left in town. What began as recreational drug use of crack cocaine and methamphetamine have given birth to a whole generation of severely imbalanced psychopathic and sociopathic drug addicted miscreants. Go down to your local police department every day for a week and read the incident reports. You won't believe what you see. May your gun stay clean and your ammo fresh, Grasshopper.