The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old May 2, 2013, 11:06 PM   #1
hilltwin1973

Anybody Squirrel Hunt in Arizona with a Dog?

Hey guys, just arrived back in Arizona. I've been out of state for a couple of years and have got myself addicted to hunting squirrels with my dog. I don't have him right now but plan on getting him back before the hu nting season begins. I have an Original Mountain Cur that is 3 years old. I have yet to register him with the OMCBA but plan upon doing so. Just seeing if anyone else shares this passion with me in this state. Thanks for looking.
Old May 3, 2013, 02:16 PM   #2
BuckRub

Not there. I live in Texas but love it.
Old May 6, 2013, 02:21 AM   #3
hilltwin1973

I was really hoping to find a group of people out here that hunted with dogs. I will not be disgruntled though and will still plan on going this coming season.
Old May 7, 2013, 05:54 PM   #4
huntinaz

I hunt a lot of squirrels but have never done it with dogs. I bet it's a good time. I can't say I've ever seen anyone hunting them with dogs either. I'm gonna say it's not all that popular, at least around Flagstaff. What part of AZ are you in?
Old May 31, 2013, 09:52 PM   #5
hilltwin1973

I live in Chandler now buy had lived in Flagstaff for about 3 years. I know it is uncommon out here but man once you have tried you are addicted. At least, I was and still am. When I bring him out I plan on taking him out and see what he can do to those bushy tails!
Old May 31, 2013, 10:36 PM   #6
BuckRub

Yep here in Texas, a little Fiest dog and its on. Those little dogs love it too. My daughter got a young chiwawhua (however you spell it) me and that dog sit nearly every day on the porch and watch a bird feeder. Cat squirrels come and that dog will run tree them and I'll shoot them and she'll bring them to me so I can clean them. She just wants the tail to chew on in return. What a good deal for me!
But it is great fun to watch a sure nuff squirel dog work.