The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 4, 1999, 09:36 AM   #1
cornered rat

I checked prices on Mossbergs...500 with ghost ring is $320, 590 with ghost ring is $430. Could somebody suggest better source, as these look high.

Given the amount of $$$, I am thinking of tricking out my Rem 11 instead. For $35, I can get the barrel cut from 28" modified to 18,5 or 20" cylinder. Extra $20 would get me a "day-glo tube" front sight (any disadvantages to those?).

The object would be to give me a shotgun that is easier to aim and handle.

Would it still cycle with a shorter barrel? Would recoil be noticeably different? Any other caveats?

------------------
Cornered Rat
ddb.com/RKBA Updated March 20
"Disarm, then past the barbed wire, into the oven and out of the smoke-stack..."
Old June 21, 1999, 01:54 AM   #2
EMDII

Save trouble. Send it to Scattergun Technologies. They do some awesome conversions!
Old June 21, 1999, 03:19 AM   #3
Gunslinger

CR I've read here that Wallyworld has good prices on the Mossbergs. I haven't had a chance (or money) to check them out yet but plan to.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.