The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 29, 2001, 05:52 PM   #1
falconer

I just got back from Camp Perry. I went down with 4 guys from the OSU rifle club. We met up with a couple guys from the OSU pistol & rifle teams (one is the JR highpower coach). I had an absolute blast. I definately have to get into High Power shooting. I was hoping to meet up with another Ohio TFLer there, but I unfortunetly couldn't find him throughout the weekend.
Old April 29, 2001, 06:28 PM   #2
hksigwalther

OSU Rifle Club!?

Of the five grueling years I spent there I never knew there was an OSU Rifle Club. Do you have to be a current student? (Graduated in 1988.) Where do you guys shoot?
Old April 30, 2001, 11:09 AM   #3
falconer

I think the rifle club has been started in the past 5 or 6 years. We shoot in Converse Hall, the same range used by the pistol/rifle teams and the police dept. I doubt that anyone would care if an alumni wanted to come shoot. It is a bit far for you to drive though. We usually just shoot the single shot smallbore competition type rifles. A couple of us might start doing some highpower competitions with our advisor.