The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old November 30, 2008, 02:39 PM   #1
emtgunnut23

Where to shoot in Bloomington/normal IL.

Hello I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good place to shoot rifles and shotguns around Bloomington IL. I know about Darnell's gun works, but their rifle range is only open to club members. I'm looking for either a public rifle range or a good place out in the woods wheres it's safe and legal to do some plinking.

Thanks for the help.
Old December 18, 2008, 01:59 PM   #2
scottz0369

I live here too (Normal)-as near as I can tell there's several ranges sort of nearby (1-2 hours away)-but it seems that Darnell's is the only place here in town.
I don't think you need to be a member to shoot there-I was there in October and had to pay the non-member price to shoot (a buck or two more than the member price).

Scott
Old January 3, 2009, 05:19 PM   #3
lee n. field

Quote:
I know about Darnell's gun works, but their rifle range is only open to club members
So, what's it take to join? It would probably be worth it, seeing as how it is very convenient.

I took a class there, about 5 years ago. Nice facility. I chatted with a guy, who would regularly drive up from Champaign to shoot there.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "
Old January 29, 2009, 02:30 AM   #4
emtgunnut23

hey srry have not been on the forum in awhile. I actually ended up joining at Darnell's. The place is really cool. They have two outdoor rifle ranges one is about 50 yards the others coupla hundred haven't used the longer one yet.

To answer your question enfield it's 95$ to join for a year. Plus you have to do one work day or give another twenty. All you have to do is give them the money fill out some forms and your all set. There was a short saftey briefing too.
I took my Mosin and a .22 out there last sunday. It was really cold, but still a lot of fun.Nothing beats shooting spent shotgun shells with a .22.
Old June 24, 2009, 02:15 PM   #5
masonrox2547

hey do you know if they would let somebody 14 years old it?, i want to bring my son but i dont know if they would let him shoot