The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 23, 2000, 12:31 AM   #1
Robert the41MagFan

Are Speer's clean primers available for sale.

Robert
Old February 23, 2000, 01:44 AM   #2
Ricciardelli

Exactly what do you mean by "clean"? Are you referring to their lead-free primers?

If os, they are not yet available as components...and I believe they are available only in the aluminum-cased Blazer pistol ammo.
Old February 23, 2000, 04:07 PM   #3
Robert the41MagFan

It's the lead free ones. If you shoot indoors, I'm sure that it is going to catch up with you at some point. Many ranges (because of the EPA) are requiring that one use so called "clean ammunition". I can't afford to shoot every week using these rather expensive bullets. Range owners are pretty mellow folk and they are willing to allow me to use hand loads if I can duplicate the clean ammunition requirement. I've got everything except the primers. Understand that Speers invested lots of money in R & D for these primers and they are capitalizing on their investment. Really just wanted to know if some way, some how, has someone been able to obtain these primers.

Robert
Old February 25, 2000, 02:18 PM   #4
Ricciardelli

I woke-up this morning and something was spinning around in my head...

A few years ago Fiocchi lead-free primers were being imported into the USA by S&W and late by Valor, I believe.

I don't know if they are still available, but you can check...