The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old September 4, 2009, 03:14 PM   #1
mtang45

Firearm photos

One more thing, when I click on the Firearm Photos tab at the top of the screen it takes me to a website called Securityarms.com. It also opens a second wind which appears to trying to download something; fortunately my security stops it. Just a heads up.
It is worth remembering these timeless words John Stuart Mill: "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse."
Old September 5, 2009, 12:35 AM   #2
tyme
Staff

Unless you're getting a different popup than I am, that's a youtube video (DD AR-15 ad). If embedded youtube videos freak you out, you must not surf the web much... they're everywhere.

If you have popup blocking enabled, you shouldn't even see that pop-up window. Doesn't IE8 come with popup blocking enabled by default? Tools -> Popup Blocker -> Turn on...
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old September 5, 2009, 03:22 PM   #3
mtang45

The popup is loading correctly today. Yesterday it was very slow to load and there was no way to identify it as a youtube video, which yes I do recognize . So I guess a tab label Firearms Photos going to a webpage titled Securityarms.com is normal SOP.
It is worth remembering these timeless words John Stuart Mill: "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse."
Old September 5, 2009, 04:21 PM   #4
tyme
Staff

Yep, it's normal. That link was placed there a long time ago when securityarms was much less advertising-centric.

Since google images will find virtually anything, that link isn't so useful anymore. Maybe it should be removed.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)