The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 12, 2012, 08:36 PM   #1
zbones6

Buying a Black Powder Rifle out of State

Hey guys. Some of you might have read my other post about a Thompson Center Hawken. This post is the other posts brother. I live in New Jersey. Gun laws suck, I know. I have my rifle/shotgun purchaser permit, so i can buy long arms in NJ legally. However, I found a T/C Hawken in an antique store in Philadelphia. Would it be legal for me to buy the black powder rifle in Pennsylvania and bring it back to NJ? I really hope it is.
Old December 12, 2012, 08:38 PM   #2
RedBowTies88

absolutely... same with airguns. just be sure to transport accordingly once you cross the border back to new ussr....errr uh i mean new jersey
Old December 12, 2012, 08:56 PM   #3
zbones6

excellent. thanks a lot
Old December 17, 2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Double J

Tennessee is a bargin. Over the counter like a chocolate bar. Illinois sucks. Muzzleloaders and most air guns are same as firearm.
Old December 17, 2012, 03:35 PM   #5
PetahW

While Federal Law may view BP guns about the same as sneakers, regulation-wise, - since some states don't, it behooves everybody to check with their own state's Attorney's General, first.