The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 22, 2007, 02:41 AM   #1
pitttbulll

Mossberg 500 Weaponlight Choices

Hello.
I'm new to the forum, so please excuse any "newbie" errors.
I have a mossberg 500 with a 20" barrell and I'm wanting to add a weaponlight to it.
From the research I've been doing, it looks like the best 2 choices I have are the streamlight m-3x or the surefire frontend light with the extra bright bulb.
What is the best one to buy?
I've read that the surefire is the top of the line and used by police and swat teams, but I really like the stock mossberg front end and I'm not sure if I'm gonna like the surefire.
However, if the m-3x isn't reliable or gonna work when I need it, that's no good either.
Pricing isn't really an issue, I'm a dealer and get pretty good prices, plus I'd rather spend the money one time and be done.
Any input from you can give would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old April 22, 2007, 07:28 AM   #2
Desert01

I have used both on my 500. I prefer the M-3x on a Ergo rail foreend. I had some trouble with Beating my hand on the Surefire. I had to try a couple of differant pressure switch holders to get one that didn't slide around. Also ended up with one from Ergo

I don't like my light barrel mounted. The cables always seem to end up getting tangled on something.

My 2 cents.
Old April 22, 2007, 09:00 AM   #3
awpk03s

I have an M3X on my handguns - works great. But for my M500 - I got the Surefire forend. I really like it. Light is very bright and spot on for rough POI. Only downside in my mind is that it's heavier than the factory unit, but to me it's worth it.