The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 5, 2005, 09:55 PM   #76
Ultima-Ratio

Tongimu?

I think the somg you are refering to in "Deck The Halls" and in prticular the verse relating to done you now your gay appairal!:barf:
Old December 6, 2005, 12:16 PM   #77
spacemanspiff

so sorry my wardrobe doesnt have the nazi crosses or swatstikas that you adore so much.

nazi sympathizers/supporters make me :barf:
Old December 6, 2005, 05:48 PM   #78
tegemu

Wild, I'm sorry you had such a disappoining experience. I am not surprised though. It is difficult to have a good experience anywhere in a whirlwind visit that is pretty well limited to urban, touristy areas. The Tourist Industry here is our #1 product and quite intense. Believe me, there are wonderful places to see, things to do and restaurants to dine in. I wish that I or someone who knows and loves Florida could have had a chance to show you the true Floridian Experience. Remember the History of this state goes back awhile. When the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth, St. Augustine was in Urban Renewal. The wilds and wildlife of this state are unique and quite different than you are used to, I think you would enjoy seeing them, there is native cuisine that I think you would have enjoyed as well.. I am not in the Chamber of Commerce but do love Florida and from what I glean from your comments on TFL, think I would enjoy being your "Tour Guide."
Old December 6, 2005, 07:07 PM   #79
Jart

But did we take in Randall on Orange Blossom Trail?

Nothing like seeing the original letters from WW2 addressed to "Knife Man - Orlando" that somehow got delivered.
Old December 6, 2005, 07:17 PM   #80
Wildalaska

We couldnt even take in Randall....OBT is sort of sleazy in parts....

Now on the other hand watchin the Mexican Navy patrol tourist areas was pretty cool....

WildgordoturistAlaska
Old December 6, 2005, 07:28 PM   #81
Jart

Finding the turn-off for Randall is more than a mild challange, as well.

I think I drove the people in the Kissimmee office nuts with my unreasonable request that I be driven there. Never could have found it on my own.

When next you're down, I'll make arrangements. Kissimmee now has the drill down pat.