The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 3, 2015, 07:07 PM   #51
DanTSX

Quote:
Quote:
Star's Beretta 92 clone
Don't think there's any such thing. Taurus has a 92 clone.
llama made a 92 clone in the 90's. So did Vektor/Denel/Zeederberg of South Africa.

The llama was about as good as all llamas made before it, which is to say, don't waste time trying to hunt one down. The Vektor was equal to Beretta in quality.

The Earlier Taurus clones were actually pretty decent, but I'd just hold out for a real beretta. The old 92 "police special" are very reasonable used. And you can get Italian police surplus 92S's with beautiful blueing on them for about $300
Old July 4, 2015, 07:04 AM   #52
roman3

I had one of those back in my 10mm days.

Also had a Bren 10 Special forces Dark, SW 1006, 1066, 1076, the Glocks and a few others.

The Megastar was a beast of a gun, only my Desert Eagle was a bigger beast.

Its an excellent gun, solid as a rock, came in 45 and 10mm. I'm sure someone mentioned the Spanish company Star ( Bonifacio Echeverria, S.A.) made great products but is no longer in business. Loved my Star Firestar in 45!

The biggest issue with the Megastar's is magazines. Hard to find and expensive if you do.

If you see a mag...buy the mag!

Shot the older hot 10mm ammo quite well. Wasn't my favorite 10mm gun (SW 1066 and Glock 29 actually got carried for CCW) but was the one everyone wanted to hold and shoot.

Enjoy that gun is a classic!

Last edited by roman3; July 4, 2015 at 07:09 AM.

Tags
10mm , large , large caliber