The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 4, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Uncle Malice

Mossberg 590A1's unavailable?

I've checked everywhere that I know to look and can't any of the 3 models that I'm interested in for sale.

I'm looking for the Mossberg 590A1 models 51660, 51663, or 51668. These are the 20", 9 shot models. I've found plenty of the 18.5" models, but that's not what I'm looking for.

If any of you are able to find these for sale I would greatly appreciate it. I assume that they have not been discontinued or anything... are they slowing production or is there suddenly a big surge for these?

Thanks guys.
Old April 4, 2012, 09:22 PM   #2
tAKticool

I hate to say this but did you try Googling the model number from Mossberg's website, then Click on "Shopping?" I might be of course wrong but I rarely can't find something that way.

But it wouldn't surprise me. They are one of the best things you could buy if you need a firearm, ESPECIALLY in an election year where unfortunately Obama will probably romp worse than the first time. And he will come out of the gate on gun control, mark my words. Now is the time, buy em cheap and stack em deep.
Old April 9, 2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Uncle Malice

Yep, I tried that, of course.

I did finally find one.. actually right here in town at the Scottsdale Gun Club. Funny. I searched for about 2 weeks online and couldn't find one ANYWHERE. Stopped in to SGC and they just happened to have 2 of them in stock.

They don't anymore. A coworker and I bought them both. I really like this gun. It's a bit heavy with that heavy barrel, but it's really not that bad. I'm sure I will put the Hogue 12" LOP stock on it... but i don't think I'll change much else. Just get a good sling.

I'll post pics soon.