The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 21, 2013, 04:31 PM   #1
BullseyePrecision

1st AR build coming along.

Well I started my first AR build before everything happened finished the lower now I'm just waiting for everything to die down to get my upper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1358803807461.jpg (80.7 KB, 61 views)
Old January 21, 2013, 07:42 PM   #2
mxsailor803

Gonna get a 5.56 or something a little different?
Old January 21, 2013, 08:55 PM   #3
BullseyePrecision

I'd like to get 556
Old January 23, 2013, 08:28 AM   #4
g20gunny

Welcome to the club! I just finished my first build before the scare and am now in the middle of four other builds with friends. Sure glad I got my parts when I did though. On the bright side the slow period will give you time to do little research and review reading, there's a plethora of options and over 60 calibers available which makes it even harder to decide on a build. I researched every single part on my gun before purchase and now have my dream ar15, just be ready to go over budget, my budget was $650 for a cheap build and ended up spending $1400.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." --George Washington
Old January 23, 2013, 09:04 AM   #5
1DrnkMxR

I like it
Old January 23, 2013, 10:49 AM   #6
BullseyePrecision

Quote:
Originally Posted by g20gunny View Post
Welcome to the club! I just finished my first build before the scare and am now in the middle of four other builds with friends. Sure glad I got my parts when I did though. On the bright side the slow period will give you time to do little research and review reading, there's a plethora of options and over 60 calibers available which makes it even harder to decide on a build. I researched every single part on my gun before purchase and now have my dream ar15, just be ready to go over budget, my budget was $650 for a cheap build and ended up spending $1400.
Ya I only have 350 in the complete lower and my spikes tactical nickel boron bcg is included in that price.
Old January 23, 2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Marquezj16

Good start.

Be patient and hopefully you can find parts for the upper.
Old January 23, 2013, 03:29 PM   #8
Gunnutfn49

i have a build similar to that. Nothing quite like keeping it simple. Makes the mall ninjas insecure to see a straight forward rifle shoot just as well as their own.

...What he meant to add was, "unless, of course, all responsible citizens are armed to the teeth."