The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old April 2, 2009, 08:35 AM   #1
kestak

Samco Global

Greetings,

I got the run around, I got lied and now, I am spreading the word.

I did business with Samco Global with no issue a few times. Always got the rifle or ammo I ordered. I have a FFL 03 in file with them. I am not a newcomer customer for them.

- Beginning of December 2008, I bought 500 rounds ROF .308Brit from Samco Global.
- I received the rounds last week of January (almost 2 months after the order. No biggie, times are crazy). However, in the box, there was only 98 rounds!!! Moreover, the invoice in the box was not mine but a guy with an Indian name in Texas.

- I called Samco immediately and talked to Abna (or a name sounding something like that). I explained to her the issue and she told me she will call me back within one week. Also, if I can send her the wrong invoice by mail.

- 2 weeks later, no news from Abna. I call her back and I have to explain again the situation. When she was looking at her screen, she got all the facts wrong. But it is ok, she told me the missing rounds will be shipped within the week.
Second week of March, nothing came to my door. I call back Abna and again, I explain the situation and she begins to argue with me that it is impossible that I got only 98 rounds and the invoice mised up is "normal". She then told me I recieved the original package and I signed for it. I says to her: "Of course, I signed for it in January, it is when I noticed I got onlt 98 rounds instead of 500 rounds. She begin to get agitated and ask to talk to the manager. The manager is not there but I need to call back after 15:30.

- I call the manager, he listens to me and says immediately the round will be shipped by the day after and I should receive them 2-3 days after.

It's been 3 weeks and I got NAWTHING! Thinking about the way the manager handled me, I think he just wanted to get rid of me on the phone ASAP and it was never his intention to correct the situation.

Thank you
Old April 2, 2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Bud Helms

Moving this to our Retail Deals & Feedback forum.
Old April 8, 2009, 07:36 PM   #3
gbfirearmsales

We do business with Samco as they are local to us and we are an 01FFL. We haven't had any problems, but it is different since we can walk in and pick what we want. IF it would help you any, call and speak with them and see if they will release your missing ammo to a third party. If so, we can pick it up for you and ship it out to you, you have to cover your shipping cost however.
Old April 9, 2009, 05:38 AM   #4
kestak

Greetings,

I talked to them and the manager said they will ship it to me. Never got it because he was not his intention to send it to me.

I disputed the charge on my credit card last week.

Thank you
Old April 21, 2009, 07:49 PM   #5
kestak

Greetings,

UPDATE: They finally reacted to my dispute with the credit card. I received the ammo today.

Thank you
Old April 22, 2009, 02:45 PM   #6
Mike Irwin
Staff

You're not the first person I know who has had problems with Samco.

A friend of mine got into a pretty serious situation with them (big money) some years ago and it took quite awhile to resolve.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old May 6, 2009, 02:14 PM   #7
woad_yurt

Samco problems....

I tried to order an SKS from them a while back and it didn't come by the time they said it would. Called multiple times for weeks trying to get some actual info and never got anything; no one ever called me back. After 3-4 weeks of this treatment, I told them to cancel my order and to email me something that said that. Nothing. After two weeks of not knowing whether or not they'd charge my card, I just cancelled my debit card to be safe. Never once did anyone ever get back to me.

They were real fast to take my order on that first call, though.