The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 23, 2011, 01:04 PM   #1
tomishamish

five seven IWB holster options

So I have a fn herstal fiveseven, and am thinking about getting my CWP and carrying it. I've found a lot of external holsters for it, but not much in the way of IWB holsters. Any that look like /perform like a Galco kingtuk? By the way I'd really appreciate it if nobody made comments about ballistics on this thread.

Just because V for Vendetta was weird doesn't make the statement less true.
Old June 23, 2011, 05:16 PM   #2
GURU1911

Attention: Tom

GURU1911 HERE TO HELP:

DEBATING THE MERITS OF ONE PISTOL CARTRIDGE VS. ANOTHER, IS A NO-WIN CONTEST. WE ALL MUST RESPECT THE OTHER PERSONS RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT THEY DESIRE TO CARRY. FOR ME THE .45 ACP IS DA-KING IN AN AUTO PISTOL, BUT AGAIN THAT IS MY PERSONAL CHOICE.

NOW ON TO THE HOLSTER QUESTION: MY STRONG PERSONAL RECOMMENDATION FOR YOU TO INVESTIGATE FOR "ITP" CARRY CONSIDERATION, IS THE "CROSSBREED SUPER-TUCK" IN HORSEHIDE. MY SON CARRIES HIS SMITH M&P .40 CAL IN ONE OF THESE & HE REALLY ENJOYS THE COMFORT AND QUALITY OF CONSTRUCTION. THEY ARE 100% US-MADE AND THEY ARE A CHRISTIAN OWNED AND OPERATED COMPANY. www.crossbreed.com

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SEARCH & HOPE THIS INFO IS HELPFUL.

"THERE AIN'T TOO MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T FIX, WITH $500 DOLLARS OR A .30-06"
Old June 23, 2011, 05:59 PM   #3
C Philip

Check out Comp Tac holsters. I have this one and I really like it, though mine is for a single stack gun.
Old June 23, 2011, 10:33 PM   #4
ClydeFrog

My 2 bits or "unsolicited advice"...

I read over the forum post & to be honest, I really do not see the FN Five-Seven 5.7mm lending itself to IWB type concealed carry.
The pistol frame & large sights would seem to be difficult to tote around for most sizes/shapes/frames.

To my understanding FN does not offer a compact or sub-compact concealed 5.7mm semi auto pistol yet.
As for IWB type rigs, see www.COMholsters.com www.Blade-tech.com www.Safariland.com www.Highnoonholsters.com www.Galcogunleather.com www.Donhume.com .

ClydeFrog