The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 16, 2012, 07:41 PM   #26
Eghad

The military has used DI M4s in Iraq and Afghanistan I don't think any of them melted.

NRA Life Member
Old November 17, 2012, 02:56 AM   #27
JW74

Thanks for all of the input guys! It's been a big help. I have been by a few local stores and was able to do a side by side comparison of both the Sig and the Ruger. So far I am leaning towards the Ruger although it is definitely a few hundred dollars more than some of the DI guns are as you mentioned. The thing I like about the Ruger is that it does come with good sights and quad rail and three mags as well as the hand guards for the forend. I do notice the extra weight in the front compared to other riffles but honestly I shoot so many sporting clays with a 9 pound over and under that the gun still feels very light. It seems the more I search the more things I find that I like. Go figure :-)

Tags
ar-15 , ruger sr556 , sig 516