The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old May 6, 2008, 10:35 PM   #1
nemoaz

Sf Swat

Watching a show on Discovery called San Francisco SWAT. Very painful. Swat team spokesman discusses the TEC9 and calls it deadly accurate due to low recoil. Just saw the SWAT officers qualifying with a shotgun slug. SWAT spokesmen says they nearly dislocate the officers' shoulders.

What else should I expect from SF. Even the cops are brainwashed.

EDIT: It is ID channel (Investigation Discovery), whatever that is.
Old May 6, 2008, 10:44 PM   #2
Venison_Jerkey32

on the show DEA they confiscated an ak47 from one of the drug houses and the agent goes "this is the most deadly gun on the streets, if you load it with teflon coated bullets it will go right through body armour."

I may be young, but it is the people of my generation that will decide the future of America.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:03 AM   #3
furyfour

the media exists for nearly a single purpose...
Old May 7, 2008, 12:23 AM   #4
jdc48160

I just watched the re-run of that episode and that is nowhere near what he said.

I think his words were: "This is America's new pistol. There ain't a doper in the city that doesn't have one of these."

Great show BTW. I've been by and thru some of those areas that DEA Task Force 14 hit on some of those raids. Detroit is a nasty city, as is the surrounding areas, especially Redford from my experiences. I go to Redford every now an then for work, and I'll hit the White Castle there at Telegraph and I-96. They have a sign in the parking lot that has stuff about "No drug deals," etc on the sign. You know it's bad when they have signs like that posted in business parking lots.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:38 AM   #5
Venison_Jerkey32

Quote:
I just watched the re-run of that episode and that is nowhere near what he said.
Could you clarify which episode you re-watched? The one regarding the OP or the episode of DEA I talked about?

I may be young, but it is the people of my generation that will decide the future of America.
Old May 7, 2008, 12:44 AM   #6
Slopemeno

I just took a class along with some of the rank-and-file guys from SFPD, and I have to say I have a new-found respect for those guys. Some very down to earth guys with a great sense of humor.

We were walking a building as part of the class and the guy who was on my team walked around a corner to a looong hallway and muttered " 'bout a hundred yard shot there..."
Old May 7, 2008, 11:16 AM   #7
Elephant_Man
Registration in progress

Gah I saw that show....The guy shooting the Tec-9 was about 10 yards away from the target and managed to shoot a deadly accurate 1 1/2 foot group. And yes, he did say that it was deadly accurate due the low recoil as he was shooting his 1 1/2 foot group at 10 yards
Old May 7, 2008, 11:44 AM   #8
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm.... Is there a tactical issue here that affects us?

Nope.

Perhaps a training issue that affects us?

Nope again.

Looks more like a discussion about a TV show, and that, my friends, is off topic.

Closed.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Closed Thread